The Full Story Of How I Became An Accidental Entreprenuer – Part 2
Missed Part 1? Read it here http://www.rachelsmithlifecoach.com/blog-post/full-story-accidential-journey-becoming-entrepreneur/
Later in November 2007 I enrolled on what turned out to be a life changing programme> on the The Coaching Academy’s, coaching programme. This was a huge financial commitment, however I had the money in the bank and I had already received the Universe’s message that life was precious!
Even at this stage I wasn’t completely sure what happens next.
However what I did discover alongside all of the coaching training and skills was a community PACKED with Entrepreneurs!
It was like the work and life blinkers had finally come off and I could see life completely differently from before.
And this was perfect timing for me.
I had my little boy and I knew I wanted to be there for him when he needed me, not at an after school club or later for him to be a latch key kid.
Work was utterly rubbish, whilst I was on maternity leave nothing had changed and everything screamed at me to do something else.
I was stuck earning the same money year in year out – in fact this would change in the future as restructures came in and massively reduced all of our salaries and packages.
I was a mother – a role model, how was I going to manage this, whilst dragging myself out of the door everyday to a job I now hated?
So I set an intention early on that I would do everything it took to make this happen for me and my family too.
What I didn’t realise is, just what a journey it would be.
Would I have made a different decision if I had known that:
- Running your own business takes more guts and ambition than anything I had ever achieved before
- There would be months where I would be so frustrated with my lack of income, clients and growth.
- I would challenge EVER fear I had so dearly nurtured for so long
- I would invest time and time again in my business, in my learning, in overcoming fears and beliefs
- People close to me wouldn’t take my business seriously.
- That my income would DROP (I have always been a high earner!)
- Juggling to two small children and a business is NOT a winning combination
- I would change my business model several times.
- I would be criticised by my peers when appearing to come from a place of love and trust?
- I would be CRIPPLED by comparison-it is!
- I would become a different version of ME to the point where I can’t believe how fearless I am now.
So if you are currently nodding away recognising yourself in some of this I want to say, it is WORTH the journey. And everything that happens, the good and the not so good, is actually a massive lesson that will help you to create a life and a business that you LOVE!
Tomorrow, I am sharing the adversity I have faced and HOW I overcame my deep rooted beliefs that I couldn’t grow a successful business and how I turned this around so I can now call in 5K weeks!
Truly, if I can do this, so can you!
(Read Part 3)
Do you want to stay connected? Come and join my Facebook Group, Live Your Abundant Life, and join my online community of amazing women who are ALL IN to make their BIG BOLD DREAMS come true. It’s totally free to join and you will access daily support that will help you move towards achieving more and more of your business and life goals – click here to join my community today – https://www.facebook.com/groups/419172671564948/